Priory Park, Cape Road, Warwick, Warwickshire CV34 4JS
Wednesday-Friday 9am-4pm, Saturday 9am-12pm
Wheelchair accessible, Disabled parking, Disabled access toilet
Large print guides
A history of the site now occupied by the Record Office can be found here.
1 Collections and Development Manager,
1 Senior Archivist, 5 Archivists,
1 Principal Archive Assistant, 2 Archive Assistants,
1 Apprentice Archive Assistant, 1 Archive Trainee,
1 Senior Conservator, 1 Senior Conservation and Reprographics Assistant,
1 Collections and Development Officer, 1 Genealogist and Records Assistant, 1 Compliance Officer.
What we collect
We collect, preserve and make available historic records relating to the County of Warwickshire. This includes:
- Local government records
- Church of England parish records
- Nonconformist records
- Courts of law, coroners, criminal and police records
- School and education records
- Business collections
- Estate and family papers
- Solicitors’ archives
- Hospital and health records
- Other sources
We have many items in our collections which could be deemed “unusual”.
They include these keys and branded cutlery from Central Hospital, Hatton, which was originally built in the 19th century as the county’s lunatic asylum.
(Warwickshire County Record Office, CR5060/24-26)
Our catalogue and online resources
- Many of our catalogues are online Warwickshire’s Past Unlocked
- Our services Heritage and Culture Warwickshire
- The history of Warwickshire County (submit your own articles, memories and photos)